Knitting takes a lot of patience as well as skill. Not everybody can sit for extended periods of time patiently creating a wonderful masterpiece, but if anyone can it would most likely be granny. Grandmothers are the reservoir of knowledge as they have attained skill and intelligence over many, many years, so we have a few helpful methods for you to create something similar to what an expert granny might.
1. Start with the best foot forward with getting yourself the highest quality ingredients. Get yourself good yarn, nothing cheap. Better yarn creates better products.
2. Make sure the yarn is suited to what product you want. Yarn can have different thickness, texture, the content of the fibre as well as colour.
3. Hold your yarn at a constant tension to reduce the development of knots and frayed ends. It is the easiest way to stay organised in your knitting.
4. Have a constant stitching size and do not deter from this throughout the course of your product. Rhythmic and repetition is key here as different sized loops will look peculiar and poor.
5. Check your work regularly and make sure to read your patterns and knitting throughout the project. Its best to have a flowing product.