Dating someone with a kid can be an interesting experience and something much different than most people are used to. However, don't let that be a deal breaker as it can turn out to be a great thing. The approach to the relationship will be much different than someone without a kid. Take a look at some of the tips below that will help anyone that has a significant other that has a kid.
1. Make sure expectations are real. Getting along with the parent doesn't mean the kid automatically will.
2. Understand the parent won't be available as much as a partner without a kid.
3. Things might come along a bit slower than usual, however that is not a bad thing. The parent will have to put more thought into things and consider their kid..
4. Be careful what is said about the kid. Parents can be protective and sensitive if it insults their parenting skills.
5. If the ex is in the picture still, then that is something that is inevitable. The best thing to do is be neutral towards them and refrain from bad mouthing them.
6. Don't force anything and let things happen on their own.
7. Once the kid warms up to their parent dating someone small gifts every once in awhile is not a bad idea. Don't spoil them like crazy, but kids like getting new things. Also, the parent will surely appreciate the kind gesture.
Dating someone that has a kid? Get the kid this Mesh Camo Shark Cap that your significant other will really appreciate and ensure the kid is the most stylish in school!