There is no debate that divorce rates have increased in modern day marriage, but that does not mean that it gets any easier, especially for those innocent children caught in the crossfire. Many parents suffer through a bad marriage for the sake of their children however this can often cause more harm them good and so it might be best to cut the cord and start fresh. Kids are never going to like when parents divorce or separate but there are ways you can help them adjust and cope with the changes. Below are listed a few ways to minimise pain and damage to children.
1. Make sure that all of the intense and heating emotional confrontations are done away from the eyes and ears of children.
2. Break the news to them in a controlled and comfortable environment. It might be best to make subtle hints rather than breaking the news in a direct and cold manner. Give them time to accept the changes.
3. Do not immediately distrust the childs daily routine. Have them go to school, sports and other activities as normal. Involve both parents equally in the childs life.
4. Keep your emotions away from the child. Children a great at reading and responding to emotion, much more so than words so its important to never be overly emotional.
5. Get them small distraction gifts that might have them enjoying aspects of life. Its important not to spoil them but get them something that will keep their minds off of the change.
6. Involve friends and family as a support network. Not only will this benefit the child but it will also have positive impact on parents.
We hope these tips help when dealing with a rocky relationship with children. Remember that children love presents and its a great idea to distract children from time to time to shelter them from life. Here is a great item of clothing that will be sure to have them smiling again.